We met with your GI this afternoon and he was concerned about you (more concerned then I was hoping he would be). It's not normal for blood to remain in stools for this long and it's definitely not normal for it to get worse after you've been bleeding for 2 weeks.
I really did not want you to have a colonoscopy. I definitely didn't want you to be put under at this age!
He said that they'll start with the colonoscopy and look for something obvious. They'll take biopsies, so test can be ran. If they don't see anything that leads them to something they'll do an endoscopy also since they will already have you under anesthesia. If they have to do the endoscopy they'll check for Celiac's also while they're up there. He said it's very rare for a baby to have these symptoms, but they sound more like Crohn's or a severe food allergy - not Celiacs. His biggest concern is that I have Crohn's and that it runs in families. That made my heart sink. The thought that I could have done this to you. I knew it was a risk when I got pregnant, but I just hoped you wouldn't have to worry about GI issues.
You're probably going to have a very rough night. You're not allowed to breast feed after midnight tonight. For a child who sleeps through the night that probably wouldn't be too bad, but for you it's going to be HELL! You wake up every couple of hours and expect to eat. You're not going to understand why your Mama can't feed you and that breaks my heart!
The other problem is I need to somehow find a way to pump or I'm going to be in trouble. They said the soonest you'll be able to BF (if everything goes off perfectly) is 10:30 AM. That would mean 10 1/2 hours without feeding you when my body is used to doing it every 2 -3 hrs. Just because I'm difficult my body doesn't like to cooperate with the pump unless you're eating off the other side. We went by the hospital after we left the GI's office and rented one of their pumps to see if it would work any better. It's my only hope right now.
Wish me luck that it works, Mackenzie, or your milk truck is going to have a flat tire :(
1 comment:
We're still thinking about you guys! I hope everything works out for sweet little Mack. Hugs and kisses!
Post a Comment